INFO TECH SPEC 3 , IS Planning
$ 24.00-$ 39.45 hourly, $ 50,112-$ 82,372 annually
MN St Colleges & Universities
MN State University, Mankato
Twin Cities Suburbs - South
Who May Apply:
Open to all qualified job seekers
Days of Work:
Monday-Friday , 07:45 AM-04:30 PM
This position will support excellence in the strategic use of technology for all activities at the Minnesota State University, Mankato at Edina campus, including teaching, administration, strategic partnerships, and research. It will provide guidance and support to faculty in applying instructional design principles to courses and curricula for new course development and conversion of traditional classroom instruction to multi-delivery methodologies. In addition, the position will provide first-tier support for technology and serve as a liaison to the MSU, Mankato support infrastructure. This position will assist the Edina staff and faculty in creating a dynamic environment that will serve as a state-wide and national leader in technology-enhanced higher education.
1. Work collaboratively with all stakeholders to ensure high quality design, development, and delivery of face-to-face, hybrid/blended, and online courses.
2. Develop and design online and face-to-face faculty, staff, and student development materials.
3. Research and make recommendations for innovations in teaching strategies, technology for teaching, and the learning and motivational sciences.
4. Promote university quality standards for instructional design and development.
5. Provide first-tier technical support to Edina campus.
6. Assume other responsibilities as required to fulfill the organizational mission in a timely and accurate manner.
Travel between campus locations, to conferences, seminars and/or training sessions required.
- A Bachelor?s Degree in instructional design or equivalent professional instructional design experience
- Ability to plan, manage, produce, direct, implement, and evaluate online course production
- Professional experience working directly with faculty and staff in the support, development, and implementation of teaching with technology
- Knowledge of learning and instructional design theories, principles, assessments, and standards applicable to an academic face-to-face, blended, and online environments.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective collaboration, consultation, and working relationships with cross-functional teams, colleagues and SME?s.
- Ability to present to and engage faculty, staff, and students
- Strong project management and organizational skills with sensitivity to deadlines and the ability to manage complex projects and multiple priorities concurrently in a fast-paced environment at a high level of competence
- Ability to quickly assimilate academic and technical information and transform the information into user-friendly documentation and explanations
- Ability to provide an example of a module or course that the position candidate designed which incorporates a compelling and interactive student experience that meets high quality standards (i.e. Quality Matters or similar)
- Knowledge of intellectual property and copyright issues
- Knowledge and experience integrating a wide variety of rapid e-learning authoring tools, social media, multi-media, mobile technologies, and web-authoring applications into the learning experience
- Requires a Class D Driver's License: a single unit vehicle with a gross vehicle weight of less than 26,000 pounds. This is a basic driver's license. Operators may also tow vehicles/trailers as long as the a gross combination weight does not exceed 26,000 pounds.
- Master?s degree or doctoral degree in instructional design, education or related field
- Two (2) years of demonstrated relevant professional experience in instructional design and/or training
- Experience in desktop technical support, or willingness to learn on the job
- Experience teaching, preferably in a college or university setting
- Proficiency with learning management systems
- Experience with the Quality Matters Rubric and program
- Experience as an online/distance learner
- Understanding of the principals of backward design/Understanding by Design to assist faculty in course design
- Experience assisting faculty in innovative ways to formatively and summatively assess student learning
The selection process is a resume-based, skill-matching process. Resumes of all applicants to this posting will be evaluated against the Minimum Qualifications stated above. If your skills match the required skills for this position, the department may contact you.
If you have already submitted a resume to this database within the last 12 months that clearly identifies your knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience, you do not need to submit another.
How to Apply:
Most State selection processes utilize a resume-based screening process. You will be contacted by agency staff if your background best matches the selection criteria on this job posting. To apply for this position, click the APPLY box found at the bottom of this job announcement. For additional information about the State?s selection process, go to <http://www.careers.state.mn.us/job-tip>.
NOTE: Applications will only be accepted until the closing date indicated on this job announcement. Job applications received after 11:59 pm on the last date of this announcement period cannot be considered.
NOTICE: In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MnSCU's vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
Contact for More Information:
Jill Frederickson-Kratzke, HR, 507-389-2017; email@example.com.
Apply for this job