HR SUPERVISOR 2
$ 19.58-$ 28.44 hourly, $ 40,883-$ 59,383 annually
Assistant Director of HR
MN St Colleges & Universities
MN State University, Mankato
Who May Apply:
Open to all qualified job seekers
Days of Work:
Monday-Friday , 08:00 AM-05:00 PM
Manage and administer elements of the universities programs and practices regarding compensation and benefits programs for all categories of employees including management, faculty, classified and unclassified employees. Responsibilities include documenting and communicating program policies, rules and administrative processes, assuring compliance and preparing a variety of reports and analysis. May participate in planning for and negotiation of collective bargaining agreements. Supervise compensation and benefits staff in the processing of related personnel matters, and manage relationships with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (MnSCU), Minnesota Management & Budget (MMB) and SEGIP. Provide expertise to university administrators on collective bargaining contract interpretation and Human Resources related issues.
1. Manage and administer elements of the universities compensation and benefit programs for all categories of employees including management, faculty and staff. Oversee and manage personnel programs such as payroll processing, new employee benefit orientation, unemployment insurance, ADAAA, FMLA, workers? compensation, and retirement plans.
2. Exercise supervisory authority so that confidential employees in the Human Resources office will efficiently and effectively perform assigned job duties.
3. Maintain effective working relationships with all constituents and work to ensure that effective relationships exist in all other work units at the university. Assist supervisors in dealing with sensitive issues such as disciplinary procedures; consult with MnSCU Labor Relations; create and conduct training workshops on employee/labor relations issues; and serve in the absence of the Director of Human Resources.
4. Understand and verify compliance of the Minnesota Management & Budget (MMB) rules, Minnesota State Colleges and Universities procedures, and provisions of all collective bargaining agreements and personnel plans, state and federal laws and local policy. Advise university leadership on interpretation of collective bargaining agreements to ensure that they have the knowledge and information needed to understand and adhere to negotiated agreements, along with the need for uniform and consistent interpretation and application of the contracts.
5. Perform other duties as assigned to ensure the smooth functioning of the department and maintain the reputation of the organization as a viable business partner. Serve on various university, system or other external committees as necessary.
Travel to conferences, training sessions, seminars, etc. required.
KNOWLEDGES, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Minimum of 3 years? experience in human resources management, including classification and compensation, benefits, employment law, personnel file management and/or payroll processing.
- Experience and knowledge of theory and principle of human resources administration.
- Extensive knowledge of various laws relating to human resources management, including but not limited to: employment law, Fair Labor Standards Act, Public Employees Labor Relations Act, Family Medical Leave Act, and the American with Disabilities Act.
- Excellent interpersonal and human relations skills are essential in order to maintain effective working relationships with management, employees, external constituents and the general public.
Requires a Class D Driver's License: a single unit vehicle with a gross vehicle weight of less than 26,000 pounds. This is a basic driver's license. Operators may also tow vehicles/trailers as long as the a gross combination weight does not exceed 26,000 pounds.
- Bachelor?s degree preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively supervise employees.
- Demonstrated knowledge of administrative procedures governed by collective bargaining agreements or personnel plans.
- Knowledge of legislation and state statutes impacting human resources.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written, persuasion, and presentation.
- Strong interpersonal and human relation skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office and benefit/payroll systems.
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering a diverse working and learning environment.
The selection process is a resume-based, skill-matching process. Resumes of all applicants to this posting will be evaluated against the Minimum Qualifications stated above. If your skills match the required skills for this position, the department may contact you.
If you have already submitted a resume to this database within the last 12 months that clearly identifies your knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience, you do not need to submit another.
How to Apply:
Most State selection processes utilize a resume-based screening process. You will be contacted by agency staff if your background best matches the selection criteria on this job posting. To apply for this position, click the APPLY box found at the bottom of this job announcement. For additional information about the State?s selection process, go to <http://www.careers.state.mn.us/job-tip>.
NOTE: Applications will only be accepted until the closing date indicated on this job announcement. Job applications received after 11:59 pm on the last date of this announcement period cannot be considered.
NOTICE: In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MnSCU's vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
Contact for More Information:
Jill Frederickson-Kratzke, HR, 507-389-2017; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for this job