MANAGEMENT ANALYST 1 , Financial
$ 16.74-$ 24.21 hourly, $ 34,953-$ 50,550 annually
Freeman Building, St Paul
Who May Apply:
Open to all qualified job seekers
Days of Work:
Monday-Friday , 08:00 AM-04:30 PM
The position will provide budgetary and administrative analysis and support for the Office of Minority and Multicultural Health (OMMH). This position will assist OMMH staff and Director in fiscal oversight of OMMH?s budgets, outgoing grants, invoice processing, and grant reporting. The position is responsible for communicating to management any problems or concerns encountered, for responding to inquiries from grantees or other stakeholders related to budgets, invoices or payments, and for troubleshooting problems.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
1) Perform required financial reviews of OMMH?s grantees in compliance with the Office of Grants Management policies.
2) Within MDH policies and procedures and federal and state laws, rules and guidelines process OMMH invoices for payment in a correct, efficient and timely manner.
3) Prepare risk assessment analysis of all grantees who may be awarded grant funds through OMMH grant programs.
4) Manage delegated grant and contract management functions, working closely and regularly communicating with OMMH Health Coordinators.
5) Assist the Director with various responsibilities to achieve the financial goals and objectives of OMMH.
The position works closely with the OMMH Director and staff. This position must have the ability to develop strong working relationships with MDH Financial Management, grantees and the MDH audit office. The position frequently has access to financial and sensitive information and adheres to the highest standard of discretion when communicating with others. This position verbally communicates on a daily basis with fellow employees within OMMH and with grantees or vendors. Occasional communication with employees throughout the Department and other state agencies needed to process payment documents and answer questions.
Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Management or related field
Two years of professional experience in accounting, auditing, or financial management.
Three years of advanced administrative support, paraprofessional, or technical experience that includes accounting, auditing, fiscal or financial management or budget responsibilities.
Applicants must also have one of the following:
-Experience in administrative management with demonstrated knowledge of business functions, procedures, and organization.
-Knowledge of organizational functions and operations management sufficient to evaluate, analyze and recommend revisions to procedures or forms.
-Experience researching, analyzing, interpreting and/or compiling information for reports.
-Experience conducting and/or evaluating operational processes, policies and procedures for effectiveness and efficiency and making recommendations for change.
-Knowledge of government budgeting, accounting and legislative process.
-Knowledge of MDH financial policies and procedures.
-Knowledge of state and federal laws, rules, and regulations related to budgets, reporting and auditing requirements.
-Cultural expertise on the health status and health disparities of populations of color and American Indians living in Minnesota.
-Strong oral and written communications in order to develop and maintain positive relationships with internal and external staff.
-Ability to be diplomatic and tactful when presenting issues and findings and be sensitive to and respectful of the cultural and other differences encountered when interacting with clientele.
-Fluency in a second language, in addition to fluency in English
The selection process is a resume-based, skill-matching process. All applicants who apply to this posting will be evaluated against the Minimum Qualifications stated above. If your skills match the required skills for this position, the department may contact you.
Recently Separated Veterans (RSV) - Effective July 1, 2009, legislation provides that the top five RSV applicants who apply and meet the qualifications for a vacancy be granted an interview. To qualify as a RSV, you must meet all of the following criteria: 1) have separated under honorable conditions from any branch of the armed forces of the United States; 2) have served on active duty for 181 consecutive days or more or for the full period ordered to active duty or have separated by reason of disability incurred while serving on active duty; 3) be a United States citizen or resident alien; and 4) have served in active military service at any time on or after September 11, 2001, as shown on your DD-214 form. To be considered under this legislation, you must: 1) meet all of the Minimum Qualifications identified in this posting; 2) meet all of the above RSV criteria; and 3) submit a copy of your DD-214 form by the closing date to email@example.com or fax to 651-201-5779. Failure to submit your DD-214 form will affect your consideration for an interview under the terms of this legislation. Note that all vacancies will be filled in accordance with applicable union contract (OR PLAN) provisions.
Certain Disabled Veterans ? Effective August 1, 2012, legislation provides state agencies with the option to appoint certain disabled veterans on a noncompetitive basis if you meet the following criteria: 1) meet service requirements and has verified service-connected disability rating of at least 30%; 2) provide qualifying documentation verifying the disability; and, 3) meet all of the Minimum Qualifications identified in this posting. To be considered under this legislation you must submit all documentation by the closing date to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 651-201-5779.
How to Apply:
This vacancy is open to all applicants. If you are interested in being considered for this position, please do one of the following by the closing date:
1) Submit your resume through the on-line Resume Builder at http://www.careers.state.mn.us/. You may copy and paste your existing resume or let the software create a resume for you. After you've completed your on-line resume, apply directly to this job posting (#13HEAL000302) by checking the "Apply for This Job" box and then clicking the "Apply to Selected Jobs" box at the bottom of the posting.
2) If you are unable to apply on-line via Resume Builder, submit your resume and a completed State of Minnesota Employment Application form to: Minnesota Management & Budget (MMB), 200 Centennial Office Building, 658 Cedar Street, St. Paul, MN 55155. Please include this job posting number (#13HEAL000302) on your application. The paper application is available on the MMB website at http://www.careers.state.mn.us/ or by calling 651-259-3637.
Current State Employees: Please note that employment provisions (including but not limited to seniority and leave accrual) vary among the three branches of Minnesota State government. When considering a job with another branch of state government, you are highly encouraged to explore these differences. For assistance, please direct questions to your current or anticipated Human Resources office.
Contact for More Information:
Jose Gonzalez, 651-201-5818/Jose.Gonzalez@state.mn.us.
Apply for this job