MANAGEMENT ANALYST 4 , Project Management
$ 22.92-$ 33.99 hourly, $ 47,857-$ 70,971 annually
Bus Improvement Facilitator
Who May Apply:
Open to all qualified job seekers
Days of Work:
This position provides leadership and facilitation for Department of Revenue priority projects to improve the Department's operational efficiency, delivery of services, and/or to implement legislative mandates. The incumbent will lead projects/conduct studies of departmental organization, methods and systems that have major department-wide, multi-divisional or state-wide impact and which may involve major departmental reorganizations, liaison with staff from other agencies, as well as performing as a team leader for interdisciplinary task forces. Duties include researching, analyzing and diagnosing client needs; providing management with information and recommendations necessary for decision-making and long-range organization or systems planning; assessing project scope and developing project plans; leading and coordinating project staff including teams of business and technical staff; setting priorities and timelines; monitoring and reporting on progress; and measuring the cost and effectiveness of activities.
To be considered, your experience/education must meet ONE of the following requirements and demonstrate ALL of the knowledge, skills and abilities described below:
1) Master?s degree plus one year of advanced-level professional analysis experience and/or project lead experience; OR
2) Bachelor?s degree and at least two years of advanced-level professional analysis experience and/or project lead experience; OR
3) At least three years of advanced-level professional analysis experience and/or project lead experience.
Professional Analysis experience includes: Gathering relevant information, interpreting information gathered, making recommendations, reporting, using software to manage and summarize.
Project Lead experience includes: Providing leadership, guidance, technical expertise and coordination to the activities of a team doing evaluation, development, design, testing and/or implementation of business processes/management improvements in a project environment.
- Business process flow analysis and redesign techniques.
- Project management principles and methodologies.
- Statistical methods, data analysis and other measurement techniques.
- Leadership sufficient to carry out actions while exercising tact, diplomacy and sensitivity and to provide clear direction and support.
- Business and functional requirements gathering using strong listening skills sufficient to quickly understand and analyze agency systems, procedures, culture and operations.
- Analysis and interpretation sufficient to use logic and reason to evaluate information, including strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to solutions and to identify issues and propose realistic recommendations for improvement.
- Reporting sufficient to summarize project plans and status or to explain results of analysis orally or in writing, to provide management with information necessary for decision-making and long-range organizational or systems planning.
- Using productivity applications sufficient to manage and summarize data.
- Interpersonal and human relations skills to effectively relate and work with a wide variety of employee, stakeholder and customer groups sufficient to direct and motivate staff, build effective work teams and partnerships, facilitate discussions amongst widely diverse groups, and resolve conflict and deal with ambiguous situations.
- Written or oral communications sufficient to present information and results in clear and understandable terms to various levels of management and agency staff.
- Facilitate meetings, planning, and decisions to maintain project progress and successful completion.
- Problem-solving techniques to identify, track and resolve project issues using best practices.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Manage time sufficient to meet deadlines and to multi-task and prioritize with limited direction.
- Bachelor?s or master?s degree in business or public administration or a closely related field.
- Experience leading large-scale/complex business improvement project(s) with wide-reaching scope and significant impact.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification.
- Experience, training and/or certification in process improvement methodology (i.e. LEAN, Six Sigma, etc.).
- Knowledge of State government policies, procedures, processes, laws and rules.
The selection process is a resume-based, skill-matching process. Resumes of all applicants to this posting will be evaluated against the Minimum Qualifications stated above. If your skills match the required skills for this position, the department may contact you.
How to Apply:
First, submit your resume online through Resume Builder at <
>. You may copy and paste in your existing resume or let the software create a resume for you. If you have already submitted a resume to this database, you do not need to resubmit it unless it has been over 12 months or you need to update your resume or contact information. Next, both new and returning applicants need to apply directly to this posting number by checking the "Apply for this job" box found at the bottom of this announcement.
Your resume must contain sufficient detail of past experience to determine qualifications based on above criteria. Selection of interviews will be based on assessment of areas listed above. Only those applicants who most closely meet the qualifications will be interviewed.
Note: Pursuant with union contract provisions, bidders (current Revenue employees in a permanent or probationary classified position in the same classification) will be considered prior to filling this position through other means.
Please note that a criminal history and tax check will be conducted on successful applicants prior to an offer of employment. All individual income tax filing and payment obligations must be current prior to interviewing for this position.
Please ensure that your contact information (i.e. e-mail address, mailing address and home/work phone numbers) is up-to-date so that we are able to contact you regarding the status of your application.
Contact for More Information:
Barb Wemeier, 651-556-6669 firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for this job