ACCOUNT CLERK SENIOR
$ 15.52-$ 21.00 hourly, $ 32,406-$ 43,848 annually
Collections Account Clerk Seni
MN St Colleges & Universities
Who May Apply:
Open to all qualified job seekers
Days of Work:
Finance Regulatory Econ Devel
This position performs the collection function for all delinquent student accounts in accordance with State and Federal regulations. In-house collection work includes invoicing, negotiating individual payment arrangements, and communication with delinquent students. It creates collection lists using EMP11 (Oracle/Hyperion/Brio) and Excel or Access. The position oversees and monitors internal payment plans. It further evaluates and forwards delinquent accounts to the Minnesota Department of Revenue and external collection agencies as necessary. Position is primary communication link between the college and the external collection agencies.
Position reconciles and records the daily bank deposit, completes mitigating internal control reviews, and completes other business services office tasks projects. Serves as the back-up for two critical functions: purchasing and student payroll. Routinely performs cashiering functions as needed, especially during busy periods or to cover absences by other staff. Responds to questions and provides students with general assistance at the payment window, on the telephone and via e-mail.
KNOWLEDGES, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Basic math sufficient to compute and verify totals and percentages for deposits, account balances, etc. and to reconcile numeric data.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and practices, terminology, and procedures, including accounting concepts sufficient to analyze, interpret, and prepare financial information, records and reports; locate errors; and recommend solutions to procedural and other fiscal problems.
- Knowledge of business software such as MS Office products Excel and Word sufficient to create and calculate collection and receiving records.
- Knowledge of computerized accounting systems for accounts receivable, financial aid, and student records sufficient to assist students with understanding their statements and amounts due.
-Requires occasionally lifting and/or carrying such articles as file folders, ledgers, and small tools. Although a sedentary job is defined as one which involves sitting, a certain amount of walking and standing is often necessary in carrying out job duties.
- Associate's Degree in business or accounting and 1 year related work experience OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two years of experience in accounting/bookkeeping.
- Two or more years? experience in a business office environment.
- Knowledge of collection rules, regulations, and best practices sufficient to ensure that the College follows all applicable State and MNSCU policies in collection activities.
- Knowledge of business software such as MS Office product Access sufficient to create and retrieve collection and receiving records.
- Abiilty to reconcile accounts, locate discrepancies, and make correcting entries.
- Ability to act independently and make sound judgments pertaining to the job responsibilities.
- Ability to work as a team player.
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule.
- Knowledge of Federal and State Data Privacy laws regarding student information.
- Ability to work well under pressure and handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Knowledge of MnSCU (ISRS) modules.
The selection process is a resume-based, skill-matching process. Resumes of all applicants to this posting will be evaluated against the Minimum Qualifications stated above. If your skills match the required skills for this position, the department may contact you.
If you have already submitted a resume to this database within the last 12 months that clearly identifies your knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience, you do not need to submit another.
How to Apply:
Most State selection processes utilize a resume-based screening process. You will be contacted by agency staff if your background best matches the selection criteria on this job posting. To apply for this position, click the APPLY box found at the bottom of this job announcement. For additional information about the State?s selection process, go to <http://www.careers.state.mn.us/job-tip>.
NOTICE: Applications will only be accepted until the closing date indicated on this job announcement. Job applications received after 11:59 pm on the last date of this announcement period cannot be considered.
NOTICE: In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MnSCU?s vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
Contact for More Information:
Colleen Conley, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for this job