INFO TECH SPEC 2
$ 19.29-$ 31.36 hourly, $ 40,278-$ 65,480 annually
Technology Support Specialist
MN St Colleges & Universities
MN State University, Mankato
Twin Cities Suburbs - South
Who May Apply:
Open to all qualified job seekers
Days of Work:
The working schedule for this position will be as follows:
Monday - Thursday; 11:00 a.m. - 7:30 p.m. and Friday; 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
This position provides technical support and assistance for students, staff and faculty at the Edina location and for 100% online programs. The successful candidate provides technical support for faculty at the Edina location in the classroom and also assists with troubleshooting technology related questions for online courses for 100% online programs or Edina based programs that offer some online courses. This position helps students with technology related questions and is responsible for maintaining technology support resources for online and off-campus students. The Technology Support Specialist also provides technical support to staff at the Edina location and in the Extended Learning office.
1. Coordinate the ITS Service desk operations at the MSU Edina location to provide support for students, staff and faculty.
a. Act as a liaison between customers and internal ITS support staff to assure accurate interpretation of assistance requests, communicate the status with customers during the resolution process, and ensure quality of service and customer satisfaction
b. Provide accurate and timely logging of incidents and resolutions using the ITS incident management database system.
c. Coordinate the updates and oversight of technology equipment, services and software at the Edina location.
d. Identify trends in incidents and develop preventative solutions, offer suggestions for process improvements and develop improved procedures.
e. Continuously assess the technology support needs for online and off-campus students, faculty and staff and recommend solutions.
2. Provide immediate and ongoing technical support for faculty, staff and students at the MSU Edina location.
a. Provide day-to-day technical support service for students, faculty and staff at the MSU Edina campus.
b. Provide support for students and faculty with Desire2Learn questions and work with the MSU and MnSCU Desire2Learn Service desks for issues that need to be escalated.
c. Contribute to the ITS Service desk self-service system to provide online resources, guides and other tools to assist with technology related questions.
d. Provide support for classroom technology setup and usage.
3. Supervise student technical assistants.
4. Assume other responsibilities as required to fulfill the divisional mission in a timely and accurate manner.
KNOWLEDGES, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- 2 years of IT experience
- 1 year of IT experience in higher education
- Demonstrated continuous IT professional development
- Customer service skills sufficient to courteously confer with a diverse audience of students, faculty and staff to address requests for service or equipment questions and problems and clearly communicate technical concepts and procedures to non-technical personnel.
- Ability to write clearly and coherently using proper grammar, spelling, and syntax so that incidents are documented accurately, can be resolved by others, and can be analyzed for trends.
- Knowledge of computers, telecommunications, WAN/LAN, and peripheral equipment capabilities and ability to work with multiple platforms and applications (e.g., MAC, Windows, multiple software packages, etc.), sufficient knowledge of equipment hardware and software to set-up and resolve end-user issues.
- Knowledge of trouble shooting techniques sufficient to diagnose and resolve IT problems.
- Bachelor?s degree in computer science or related field
- Experience in the administration of Desire2Learn, Moodle and other course management systems.
The selection process is a resume-based, skill-matching process. Resumes of all applicants to this posting will be evaluated against the Minimum Qualifications stated above. If your skills match the required skills for this position, the department may contact you.
If you have already submitted a resume to this database within the last 12 months that clearly identifies your knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience, you do not need to submit another.
How to Apply:
Most State selection processes utilize a resume-based screening process. You will be contacted by agency staff if your background best matches the selection criteria on this job posting. To apply for this position, click the APPLY box found at the bottom of this job announcement. For additional information about the State?s selection process, go to <http://www.careers.state.mn.us/job-tip>.
NOTE: Applications will only be accepted until the closing date indicated on this job announcement. Job applications received after 11:59 pm on the last date of this announcement period cannot be considered.
NOTICE: In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MnSCU's vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
Contact for More Information:
Jill Frederickson-Kratzke, HR, 507-389-2017; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for this job