$ 14.90-$ 20.72 hourly, $ 31,111-$ 43,263 annually
Public Access Team Technician
MN St Colleges & Universities
MN State University, Mankato
Who May Apply:
Open to all qualified job seekers
Days of Work:
Education and Libraries
* Working days and hours: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, 10:45 a.m. - 7:15 p.m. & Thursday 3:45 p.m. - 12:15 a.m. This position will also work one (1) to two (2) Saturdays a month during the summer months.
This position is one member of the Library?s Public Access Team (PAT), a group of staff that maintains and provides access and circulation services. This position specifically focuses on the Music Library and Memorial Library. This position is responsible for training, scheduling, and supervising student assistants assigned to the Music Library and also provides direct user assistance, and assists with collection maintenance, Interlibrary Loan (ILL), and supervising student assistants working in Circulation Services. This position serves as the Circulation Services Supervisor on duty during all or part of the shift.
- Provide broad oversight for all aspects of service and maintenance in the Music Library.
- Facilitate access to the Library?s collections of monographs and periodicals by participating in circulation activities and maintenance.
- Assist with borrowing and lending functions in ILL as required.
- Assist Library users.
- Handle and report building maintenance and security matters.
- Perform related work as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Working knowledge of library classification system(s) and standard library reference tools sufficient to assist clients in locating materials and conducting research.
- Ability to apply and support detailed coding or cataloging systems sufficient to create tracking for new print and non-print library acquisitions and locate and replace existing materials.
- Ability to operate personal computers, use various software and web-based applications, and other office equipment sufficient to locate catalog information, word-process documents, complete forms and prepare reports.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing sufficient to determine and respond to the informational needs of clients of varied educational levels and backgrounds; to train, direct and evaluate work of student clerical staff; and to assist the professional library staff to maintain the library collection according to library policy and procedures.
- Ability to lift, bend, and reach overhead and to push and pull carts of books weighing up to 200 pounds.
- Thorough understanding of Library and Circulation Services policies and procedures.
- Familiarity with the Library of Congress classification system and a working knowledge of specialized library resources.
- Ability to train and supervise the work of others, to work independently within established Library policies and procedures, to handle multiple tasks, and to reorder priorities as a result of interruptions throughout the course of the workday.
- Good keyboarding skills, familiarity with computers.
- Ability to work with a diverse clientele.
- Thorough knowledge of the policies and procedures of Memorial Library and the locations of services throughout the campus.
- In-depth knowledge of Circulation and ILL applications, and MnPALS online systems to perform assigned functions and to resolve problems.
- Ability to work within time constraints and meet deadlines.
- Good attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- General knowledge of office procedures.
- Excellent human relations and communications skills for effective interaction with a diverse library patronage.
- Ability to effectively search a variety of library indexes, bibliographic utilities and other information locations, including the OCLC database.
- Some background training, education, or direct experience with Music is also desirable.
The selection process is a resume-based, skill-matching process. Resumes of all applicants to this posting will be evaluated against the Minimum Qualifications stated above. If your skills match the required skills for this position, the department may contact you.
If you have already submitted a resume to this database within the last 12 months that clearly identifies your knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience, you do not need to submit another.
How to Apply:
Most State selection processes utilize a resume-based screening process. You will be contacted by agency staff if your background best matches the selection criteria on this job posting. To apply for this position, click the APPLY box found at the bottom of this job announcement. For additional information about the State?s selection process, go to <http://www.careers.state.mn.us/job-tip>.
NOTICE: Applications will only be accepted until the closing date indicated on this job announcement. Job applications received after 11:59 pm on the last date of this announcement period cannot be considered.
NOTICE: In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MnSCU?s vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
Contact for More Information:
Jill Frederickson-Kratzke, email@example.com.
Apply for this job